Introducing Cortana for Android

As a Windows Insider, you already know that Cortana is your truly personal digital assistant, there to help you get things done. By learning more about you over time, Cortana becomes more useful every day. Cortana helps you be more productive by completing basic tasks like sending emails, scheduling events, and using the power of Bing to quickly search your devices, the cloud, or the web. Cortana’s also the best at reminders, delivering them at the right time and place so you forget less and can do more.

And because your life is not limited to one device, neither is your digital assistant. Cortana is with you on your Windows 10 PC, tablet, and phone—helping you whenever and wherever you need it. But we also know that there's a choice of mobile devices out there, so we want help from our Windows Insiders to make sure she's a great personal assistant on Android too.

Cortana's deep integration with Windows means that’s where she can really shine. So, while there are some features you'll use on Windows that we don't (yet) support on Android phones (like saying "Hey Cortana" to wake her up), we have focused on making Cortana on Android the perfect companion to your Windows experience.

In the spirit of the Windows Insider Program, we are looking for a limited number of people to get their hands on an early version of the app. It’s important to keep in mind that is the first public release of the Cortana for Android beta. And that for now, Cortana for Android is only available in the U.S. and China. Over the coming months, we’ll continue to deliver frequent updates to the app to expand the features and functionality.

If you're interested in getting early access to the beta version in the U.S., please take this short survey. We'll be limiting access to begin with, and will start sending out download links over email to bring users on-board in the coming weeks.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Want to be one of Cortana for Android beta testers :)
Mohamed Tarek

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Hi,

I have inquiries about the survey. How long does it generally take for you to receive the email if you qualify? I work for Geek Squad and am hoping to get ahold of the newest softwares to assist in development, as well as prepare for when clients come in with questions in the future.

Will you receive an email letting you know if you don't qualify?  I need to know so that I can advise my other agents on what to expect (they would also like to try everything out and give feedback/assistance in solving issues if possible.)

Thank You :)

I'd also to like to know

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are the one who said that you hated living here in the U.S. I don't care if you are 5, if you hate living here, go somewhere else. You are blessed to live in this country. Grow up!

And you're the one who took it to offense. Please Stay ON Topic instead of ignoring Forum Rules.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a way to ensure I get an invite? I have a brand new Galaxy S6, and use Cortana on my PCs multiple times per day.

I work at Microsoft (on the HoloLens team), and would provide valuable feedback and usage statistics. I tried to search internal OSG/ASG sharepoint sites but couldn't find anything.

I did fill out the survey a few weeks ago, but still haven't received an invite.

HoloLens!!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's what I think. Maybe you have Samsung Galaxy S6, but you can't work in Microsoft at HoloLens project, and don't have acces to all Microsoft, beta, with just a click

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When will Cortana be available to test outside the US?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When will Cortana be available to test outside the US?

It's already available in China.

Ian Chen

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any way you can set me up with a phone of your choice and age to test Cortana for Android Beta on? I currently have T-Mobile with no contact. 

I'm currently using a GS-3 and that's not on your list of phones for Beta testing. 

Thanks in advance

Jim

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Read to title "Introducing Cortana for Android" that's why it here.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is great news! I am glad to hear that Cortana is being released to Android. I like Cortana way better that any other assistant. However I like to use different phones all the time so having Cortana on two out three of my main devices is great news. Some days I am using Android 4.4 (rolled back after the horrible lollipop update) on my Note 4, some days a little bitty iPhone 4s, and some days I'm rockin' a Windows phone. One of the main things holding me back from using a Windows Phone the majority of the time is the fact that the Windows app store is still doing some much needed growing. There is a great need of some very big name apps to be put in it like a full featured Directv app since the one that is in there only tells you what's on. It needs an Iris Home Security (by Lowes) app too. A lot of the apps in Windows Store lack full functionality but it is growing and changing. It would be great if Microsoft could somehow boost the support for development. That may be what comes from releasing Cortana to the Android world...Android developers may take more of an interest in Windows app development when they see how great Cortana is and her integration with Windows! Another big reason that I can’t use a Windows Phone for everything is that my carrier is Verizon and as many of their customers are aware there is a major shortage of phone choices when it comes to Windows Phones on Verizon right now. Verizon needs a nice big Windows Phone like the 1520 running Windows Phone 10! I hope Microsoft releases Cortana on iPhone too. She is way better than Siri :) She is definitely way more personal than "ok Google" lol

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but MS Axed nokia  this week and are more than likely on their way out of the "dumb-phone" business!

"hate to be the bearer of bad news"?  Of what?  If you're referring to the fact, you don't like Microsoft, so anything they do, is going to stir up negative comments from you, then sure thing.

Dropped the name "Nokia" from their devices.  Changing the name to "Microsoft Lumia"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2801730/nokia-dead-long-live-lumia-microsoft-rebrand-upcoming-devices-windows-phone-chop.html

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 97,673 Applies to: