Update errors 0x80240008 and 0x8024044a

I try to update Windows 10 Technical Preview but I get errors 0x80240008 and 0x8024044a. I put Windows Firewall on and my security program's security and firewall off, but it didn't help.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What device?

What Version?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

run cmd in an elevated command prompt.  run "sfc /scannow"

it will most likely give you a clean bill of health..but you going to need to do it.

after that is done.  exit cmd and go into powershell on administraive level and execute the following command "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

that will fix the issue..BUT if you dont get rid of the fault...it will reoccure.  so go back to cmd on an elevated prompt.

run "chkdsk /r"

it will tell you that it can do it since you are using the current disk and ask if you would like to fix at start up.  Type "y". and restart.  Depending on the size of your drive and the speed of your processor and and a host of other factors...it will take between an hour to four to run its course.  

then you all good. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much Lawrence and Moda

First the device and version. I test Win 10 in an Acer TravelMate 2490 with Intel Celeron(R) M 430 CPU, 1.73 MHz, disk 80 GB. Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview, Evaluation copy Build 10041.

It seems that running sfc you must do it as an administrator. When there was "Verification 4% complete", followed the announcement "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I logged out and logged in with my administrator account. Anyway with the administrator account I had to run it "as administrator". Anyway after 0% complete there was the same announcement as before. After third time same again after 2%.

Best regards
Nikorios

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much Lawrence and Moda

First the device and version. I test Win 10 in an Acer TravelMate 2490 with Intel Celeron(R) M 430 CPU, 1.73 MHz, disk 80 GB. Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview, Evaluation copy Build 10041.

It seems that running sfc you must do it as an administrator. When there was "Verification 4% complete", followed the announcement "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". I logged out and logged in with my administrator account. Anyway with the administrator account I had to run it "as administrator". Anyway after 0% complete there was the same announcement as before. After third time same again after 2%.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you just download a program or something effecting the registry?  Check to see if Windows Defender is still your choice of virus and anti-malware.  Although I am a Microsoft Dreamspark member, this is the first time that I have helped "community" member(s).  

If the Windows Defender is NOT your current defense and you didn't voluntarily change it..the way to fix the issue would implicit gpedit stuff and registry changes that I would be scared to reveal to someone who may not be versed in how to change binary data or deal with the negative wording of gpedit stuff.  

In that event, the best option is to have someone remote in and fix it or just go to a restore point if you have one.  I wouldn't even trust a novice (not saying you are ..just in case)(as a novice may do more harm) with a F8 command scenario.  

Kev

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It also is apparent that your builds are very dated. You can download the most current build and using an iso update the build and all your problems would be cured.  Current build is 10532.  I am on the Enterprise Edition pool so hadn't noticed the fact that your editions are all dated.  Sorry. ;{  But at least a sure fire way of getting things fixed. ;]

Kevin Moda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, yes it ocurred me to, but after 4th time I tried it works. Just as Moda wrote.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a lot for all your replies

I geuss that I'd best to search the latest update. Unfortunately I can do it not until tomorrow.

Best regards
Nikorios

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all

And thanks to you all for your advice. I installed Win 10 with MediaCreationTool and the installation was OK. No problems.

You can now close this case.

Best regards
Nikorios

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you explain for someone not as computer literate? I understand some of the lingo is second nature to you, but I cant even get past the first sentence. Thank you for your help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 19,949 Applies to: