briane26
Had this question 6
Question
briane26 asked on

IE9 beta - Can't send feed back - windows live-id assistant error

IE 9 Beta thinks the Windows Live-Id Assistant is not installed on my PC.  Manage Add-On's reports that version 7.250.4204.0 is installed and enabled.
Steven. S
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Steven. S replied on
Microsoft

Hey everyone,

If you have a 64-bit operating system and have installed Windows Live Wave 4 as well as Internet Explorer 9 Beta, take a look at this response from JustinSC [MSFT]:

Thank you for installing the IE9 Beta and helping us to make it better through your feedback!

We have identified an issue with the Send Feedback tool for users of the IE9 Beta on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Vista, and Server 2008 who have also installed the Windows Live Essentials Beta.  Enhancements made to the Windows Live Essential Beta prevent the Feedback tool from running – you will receive a message entitled “Please install the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant” with a link to ”Get the Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant”. When you try to download and install from the link, it will say you already have a more recent version installed. This issue has been reported by users in Connect, and we will update those bugs as we investigate the issue.

To provide the IE team with your feedback, go directly to the IE Feedback Program (connect.microsoft.com/ie) on Microsoft Connect.  This is the same location where all entries from the Feedback Tool are logged. You can use it to view, edit, and comment on bugs, and to see the results of our investigation. You need to register on Connect to use the Send Feedback tool and the IE Feedback Program. Registering is a quick and easy process described here: connect.microsoft.com/.../content.aspx. Once registered, you can go directly to the Feedback page (connect.microsoft.com/.../feedback), search for your issue, and submit new feedback if it is not found. The Feedback page has additional information on the process.

Your feedback is very important to us and much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences with the IE9 Beta.

Justin Saint Clair

Program Manager, Internet Explorer

Reference: IEBlog – Putting sites at the center of the browsing experience, using the whole PC: IE9 Beta Available for Download

Steven
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Steven. S
Found this helpful 0
Steven. S replied on
Microsoft

Hey Briane26,

Visitthis webpage and follow the steps presented tobecome a member of Connect &sign up for the IE Public Feedback program.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
briane26
Found this helpful 0
briane26 replied on

It looks like several people have this problem with Live Wave 4 beta install.

https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/599859/unable-to-send-feedback-within-ie9

Steven. S
Found this helpful 0
Steven. S replied on
Microsoft

Hey Briane26,

We’ve been seeing this on the forum here as well (reference:IE9 Beta – Sending feedback from the “Send Feedback” menu).

Did you take a look at the three links above to sign your Windows Live ID up for Connect and then the IE Public Feedback program? After following those steps were you able to use the Send Feedback function?

Steven
markdauvid
Found this helpful 0
markdauvid replied on

i already have a live id and it says i need one than i try and it says i already have one. as far as ie9. it is missing a toolbar that included help and some other things. i was able to find help and tools but tools is missing windows update. the other glaring issue is that i can no longer change my search providers. my windows live toolbar is using road runner for search.

the bing bar is my other issue. i tried what i was told and i did get it back but than options were blowed up so i tried the whole thing over and it is blowed up as in blank. it isnt just me though is it. a different computer using xp is also blowed up the same way as my 7.

markdauvid
Found this helpful 0
markdauvid replied on

just so you dont think i am some newbie. i started with dos than 3.1 to 95 to 98 and then se, millenium, nt, 2000, xp home and pro, vista home premium and now 7. i also did tech support for dsl and dialup for 95 up  to xp and also mac. this is a supplement to my previous issues post.
briane26
Found this helpful 0
briane26 replied on

I did all of that and I still get the "please install windows live id sign-in assistant" error.  I didn't have any problems on my Win7 x32 laptop with windows live wave 4 beta 2 or my win 7 x64 home pc with windows live (non-beta).
Steven. S
Found this helpful 0
Answer
Steven. S replied on
Microsoft

Hey everyone,

If you have a 64-bit operating system and have installed Windows Live Wave 4 as well as Internet Explorer 9 Beta, take a look at this response from JustinSC [MSFT]:

Thank you for installing the IE9 Beta and helping us to make it better through your feedback!

We have identified an issue with the Send Feedback tool for users of the IE9 Beta on 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Vista, and Server 2008 who have also installed the Windows Live Essentials Beta.  Enhancements made to the Windows Live Essential Beta prevent the Feedback tool from running – you will receive a message entitled “Please install the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant” with a link to ”Get the Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant”. When you try to download and install from the link, it will say you already have a more recent version installed. This issue has been reported by users in Connect, and we will update those bugs as we investigate the issue.

To provide the IE team with your feedback, go directly to the IE Feedback Program (connect.microsoft.com/ie) on Microsoft Connect.  This is the same location where all entries from the Feedback Tool are logged. You can use it to view, edit, and comment on bugs, and to see the results of our investigation. You need to register on Connect to use the Send Feedback tool and the IE Feedback Program. Registering is a quick and easy process described here: connect.microsoft.com/.../content.aspx. Once registered, you can go directly to the Feedback page (connect.microsoft.com/.../feedback), search for your issue, and submit new feedback if it is not found. The Feedback page has additional information on the process.

Your feedback is very important to us and much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences with the IE9 Beta.

Justin Saint Clair

Program Manager, Internet Explorer

Reference: IEBlog – Putting sites at the center of the browsing experience, using the whole PC: IE9 Beta Available for Download

Steven