Macronder
Found this helpful 6
Macronder replied on
I tried a lot of the specific technical advice, but ilitili kept showing up. But, through a complete accident my add-ons were also messing with my computer so I went to 'tools' in IE and then 'manage add-ons'. I found two Arcade Candy add ons(this is supposedly a game site). I disabled them and so far have not had a pop up or a drop down on my trusted sites. So, apparently, looking at another answer here I believe lesser known gaming sites may be using ilitili. What I find hard to understand is why Norton, Microsoft, and other hardcore protection systems do not see this as a threat yet.
Gerry205
Found this helpful 2
Gerry205 replied on

Hi,

I installed Angry Birds on my PC for my kids and the pop ups started...  I removed the software, but the pop-ups continued.  After about 30 minutes, I found the add-on.  I really hate these game providers that install junk...  Then again, it was free.  You get what you pay for.

Gerry  

Atchley5
Found this helpful 0
Atchley5 replied on

So how do I go one step further and delete this add-on beyond only disabling it?
LindaSunset
Found this helpful 1
LindaSunset replied on

Gerry,

Thanks for the info it was very helpful!  Although, I didn't have any for RivalGaming, my toolbar was for Arcade Candy...nevertheless, it worked!!

Thank you,

LInda

Perplexed No More
Found this helpful 1
Perplexed No More replied on

I think it worked for me too. So far, so good! Only instead of disabling RIVALGAMINGGAMES, I had to disable ArcadeCandy Games. Does anyone know if these pop up windows from ilitili.com are something to worry about, or just nuisances? Thanks!
MarcRichardson
Found this helpful 0
MarcRichardson replied on

If you had gone back to the ANSWERS FORUM you would have seen that a guy named Gerry solved the problem. So here is what worked for me from Gerry. Go to the IE TOOLS drop down and select MANAGE ADD ONS. Disable all TOOLBARS/EXTENSIONS from RIVALGAMINGGAMES. This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Another toolbars/extensions to disable could be 'arcade candy'.
MarcRichardson
Found this helpful 1
MarcRichardson replied on

Also, if RivalGaming Games isn't there, try Arcade Candy Games.  Then after disabling Arcade Candy or Rival Games, then go to your Control Panel and then uninstall any program where either of those two names show up.
richardfbrown
Found this helpful 0
richardfbrown replied on

Did not find Rivalgaming, but deleted a bunch of stuff anyway - seems to have worked for IE but not for Firefox.

Comgeek
Found this helpful 2
Answer
Comgeek replied on
Ilitili.com popups are caused by a malicious adware which is supposed to display unwanted advertisements on infected computers, and thus the creator of this virus will make profit from adverts. you can remove illitli.com popups by scanning your system with an anti-malware program, or delete ilitili components manually
http://techvts.com/ilitili-com-popup-virus-removal
KJHamnik
Found this helpful 0
KJHamnik replied on

If you had gone back to the ANSWERS FORUM you would have seen that a guy named Gerry solved the problem. So here is what worked for me from Gerry. Go to the IE TOOLS drop down and select MANAGE ADD ONS. Disable all TOOLBARS/EXTENSIONS from RIVALGAMINGGAMES. This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

I don't have "rivalgaminggames" in my toolbars/extensions.  I got servads some other way and

can't get rid of it.  But while trying I have found several chunks of malware on my computer in

my taskmanager.  If I could figure out what actual task servads is commanded by I could eliminate

it.   :-(

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next