bobb27
Had this question 9
Question
bobb27 asked on

I keep having a box with "Ulead MP3 codec v1.0.18" pop up and the only option is to click ok, which shuts down the page. It's frustrating because it happens continuously! Happens wihen I try to sign on AOL. Any ideas???__

iiiii
MelJr
Found this helpful 0
Answer
MelJr replied on
I have the same laptop and had the same problem, annoying.   I found the problem to be a TOSHIBA DVD MovieFactory software that I ended up removing.   There might be some way to reconfigure it but I was not using it so I removed it.  Problem solved.   THX  MEHJ
seschneids
Found this helpful 0
Answer
seschneids replied on

I have Windows 7, IE 8 & new Toshiba laptop.  Have been reading about this pop-up but can't find a good way to solve the problem. 

The error occurs when I'm logged into my work webmail.  As soon as a reminder box from webmail calendar opens, this ulead pop-up also opens.  Can't close the ulead pop-up by X-ing out the top right corner.  Only button choice on pop-up is "OK" which sends IE 8 into a system check which results in IE 8 blocking the page - essentially stops my ability to use webmail. 

Unfortunately, when the ulead pop-up opens, I can't dismiss my calendar reminder so it's an infinite loop.

Webmail doesn't run in Mozilla so I can't try to reproduce on another browser, but I haven't encountered the ulead pop-up in Mozilla with any regular browsing.

Any advice on how to address this in either IE 8 or somehow through the program which is associated to ulead would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------

Update 12/18:  I ran IE8 in Add-Ons Disabled mode as suggested earlier in this thread.  While the ULead popup appeared as soon as a webmail reminder popup opened, I was able to click "OK" to close the ULead box without IE8 going into a system check & restart mode.

With regard to my virus software, I installed McAfee Virus protection immediately upon connecting this laptop to the internet the first time.  I did not run or activate any virus protection software that came preloaded on this laptop

PA Bear MS MVP
Found this helpful 0
Answer
PA Bear MS MVP replied on
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

See http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091106081119AAzR8bU 

If you need additional assistance, contact AOL Support.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows Client (Security, Update Services, IE & Mail) since 2002
Reglew
Found this helpful 0
Reglew replied on
I also have same problem and cannot print.  Ran recovery and this did not solve problem. 
PA Bear MS MVP
Found this helpful 0
PA Bear MS MVP replied on

@reglew: The OP (bobb27) said nothing about not being able to print and no one mentioned any sort of "recovery" in this thread. To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.  State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2) in your first post. Thanks.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows Client (Security, Update Services, IE & Mail) since 2002
seschneids
Found this helpful 0
Answer
seschneids replied on

I have Windows 7, IE 8 & new Toshiba laptop.  Have been reading about this pop-up but can't find a good way to solve the problem. 

The error occurs when I'm logged into my work webmail.  As soon as a reminder box from webmail calendar opens, this ulead pop-up also opens.  Can't close the ulead pop-up by X-ing out the top right corner.  Only button choice on pop-up is "OK" which sends IE 8 into a system check which results in IE 8 blocking the page - essentially stops my ability to use webmail. 

Unfortunately, when the ulead pop-up opens, I can't dismiss my calendar reminder so it's an infinite loop.

Webmail doesn't run in Mozilla so I can't try to reproduce on another browser, but I haven't encountered the ulead pop-up in Mozilla with any regular browsing.

Any advice on how to address this in either IE 8 or somehow through the program which is associated to ulead would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------

Update 12/18:  I ran IE8 in Add-Ons Disabled mode as suggested earlier in this thread.  While the ULead popup appeared as soon as a webmail reminder popup opened, I was able to click "OK" to close the ULead box without IE8 going into a system check & restart mode.

With regard to my virus software, I installed McAfee Virus protection immediately upon connecting this laptop to the internet the first time.  I did not run or activate any virus protection software that came preloaded on this laptop

MelJr
Found this helpful 0
Answer
MelJr replied on
I have the same laptop and had the same problem, annoying.   I found the problem to be a TOSHIBA DVD MovieFactory software that I ended up removing.   There might be some way to reconfigure it but I was not using it so I removed it.  Problem solved.   THX  MEHJ
katman1
Found this helpful 0
katman1 replied on

/remove trials of corel (ulead) software.  It worked for me.

ceilidhquine
Found this helpful 2
ceilidhquine replied on

I had this problem too - on a brand new Hewlett Packard Laptop however having made multiple calls to AOL to absolutely no avail and who were categorically useless, I read one of the links below which recommended finding the ulead system folder in program files which I duly did.  In the meantime I had noted that my new laptop had come equipped with Corel - 1GB of package to be precise.  I followed the link on this wretched pop up and discovered it to be the Ulead website selling COREL (now there's a surprise...). 

I went back into my program files, discovered that corel had indeed come with the laptop software and promptly uninstalled it.  The problem ceased.

AOL & COREL - if you ever do any research and should either of your companies ever respond to the emails sent to your companies this morning after 48 hours of battling with this ridiculous problem, please get to grips with this issue.  It is a simple matter of getting together over your software compatibilities.