Hinch0614
Had this question 17
Question
Hinch0614 asked on

HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

I upgraded to IE8 and now on certain page I am get a white page and a "Done" message to click on in the lower left of the browser window.
Umesh P
Found this helpful 13
Answer
Umesh P replied on
Microsoft

Hi Hinch0614,

I will need more information to assist you better

Is this problem with particular website only?

Try the following steps.

1. In internet explorer window click on Tools.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the Security tab, select the zone the site loads under.
  4. Click on Custom level bottom.
  1. Scroll down to the Scripting section, and set the Active Scripting to Disabled - prevents scripts or to Prompt - prompts user to run or not to run scripts.
  2. Click OK.

If the above method does not solve your issue try following the method provided below.

Reset your internet explorer settings and run it. You can do this by following the steps given below.

If the problem is caused by damaged or incompatible Internet Explorer settings or add-ons, you can usually resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer settings.

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:

1.    Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).

2.    If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

If you use Windows Vista, click Start Collapse this imageExpand this image . Type the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

3.    Click the Advanced tab.

4.    Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

5.    When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

6.    Start Internet Explorer again.

Hope this information is helpful.

Let me know if this worked.

Thanks and Regards:

Umesh P - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/threads/ and let us know what you think.

Hinch0614
Found this helpful 0
Hinch0614 replied on

OK....Not sure why this worked. I did the first thing you asked to try. I disabled and then set to prompt and then back to enabled and it worked. I reset everything with the Microsft Fix-it tool the other day and that didn't do anything. Again not sure why that worked but it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! Thank YOU!!!!!!!!
SusanEB
Found this helpful 0
SusanEB replied on

Thanks for this information. The first suggestion (about the Active Scripting setting) did nothing.

But the second suggestion about inetcpl.cpl (in Windows XP) followed by "Reset Internet Explorer Settings" worked like a charm!  Thank you!

KiranDhamal
Found this helpful 0
KiranDhamal replied on
Thank You Very Much Umesh.
First Option itself worked fine for me. Thanks... :)
shaikSoofi
Found this helpful 0
shaikSoofi replied on

Hi Umesh,

Your second solution is helped alot.

Thank you so much for your support.

MrsDara
Found this helpful 0
MrsDara replied on

Hi Umesh

Your second option sorted me out.

Thanks very much

Umesh P
Found this helpful 0
Umesh P replied on
Microsoft

Hi,

I am glad to know that your issue is fixed. Your response will help others. In case, if you need any assistance you may always post your questions along with your valuable suggestions in this forum.

Johnson Varghese
Found this helpful 0
Johnson Varghese replied on

Please refer this article

<Removed>

If helpful please vote

Neelabh Dutt Upadhyay
Found this helpful 0
Neelabh Dutt Upadhyay replied on

I had this problem using facebook but I guess the problem will be corrected by the solution given above. Thank you.
moma2001
Found this helpful 0
moma2001 replied on

I tried this BUT unfortunetly it did NOT work

anything else in your bag of tricks ? could it have something to do with a parent control on this computor?

thx

moma

Previous Previous Page of 3 Next Next