Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forums.
We would like to get a better understanding of this issue so we can better assist not only you but other users with similar problems as well.
a) Which Operating system do you use?
Uninstall Internet Explorer 8 completely download the standalone package from Microsoft and install it in safe mode.
Download the standalone package from the website mentioned below.
Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
To use a Safe mode option, follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. Select safe mode from the menu.
Then try installing Internet Explorer 8 in safe mode.
You can fix Internet Explorer 8 installation problems follow the steps mentioned below and refer to the article mentioned below for further assistance.
To fix this problem automatically.
1. Click the Fix this problem link in the below mentioned article.
2. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box and follow the steps in this wizard.How to solve Internet Explorer 8 installation problems
You can also perform a system restore and restore the computer back to the time when it was working fine. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Open System Restore by.
1. Click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Click Accessories
4. Click System Tools and then click System Restore.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
For further reference check the article mentioned below.
System Restore: frequently asked questions
Hope this information is helpful.
Thank you and Regards.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
* Please try a lower page number.
* Please enter only numbers.