I CAN NOT RECOVERY MY PHOTOES ENCRYPTED BY EFS AFTER TO FORMAT

How can i recovery my photoes that are encoded by efs ( encrypt file system ) they were in part D: in my disc and in C: my old Vista had being run.
Then i formatted th part  C: of my hard disc and now i can't hold , can't open my documents and photoes, please help me ! They are very important for me !

Answer
Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System

Recovery

Files encrypted with EFS can only be decrypted by using the RSA private key(s) matching the previously-used public key(s). The stored copy of the user's private key is ultimately protected by the user's logon password. Accessing encrypted files from outside Windows with other operating systems (Linux, for example, or even another instance of Windows) is not possible — not least of which because there is currently no third party EFS component driver. Further, using special tools to reset the user's login password will render it impossible to decrypt the user's private key and thus useless for gaining access to the user's encrypted files. The significance of this is occasionally lost on users, resulting in data loss if a user forgets his or her password, or fails to back up the encryption key. This led to coining of the term "delayed recycle bin", to describe the seeming inevitability of data loss if an inexperienced user encrypts his or her files.

If EFS is configured to use keys issued by a Public Key Infrastructure and the PKI is configured to enable Key Archival and Recovery, encrypted files can be recovered by recovering the private key first.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2018 Views 1,840 Applies to: