Perfmon /Report in Windows 8.1 produces weird results

Hello!

I have just updated my Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro two days ago and I like it a lot. In fact, I love it! Because it seems much faster than Windows 8 Pro. The concern now I have is that when I launched a perfmon test, two weird things occurred:

1) It says I do not have administrative rights:

Error message:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The operator or administrator has refused the request.

I still can find the reports generated using the console (I launched Perfmon.exe and browsed to the reports)

Now that's the second part

2) Everything (CPU, RAM, Graphics...) seem to have a low rating and Windows alarms me that I should consider freeing up applications and stuff knowing that I do not feel there is a problem. In fact, My Windows PC is faster than ever before, less resource consumption is notable.

I realized that Microsoft removed the Windows Experience Index, which it seems to me, was what used to make the ratings (or at least display them).

I think that is the problem and that is what causes the error messages to be displayed.

Can you please tell me if you think that's the reason why I receive these messages, or if I should consider performing hardware diagnostics. My PC has less than two years and seems to work fine.

Thank you in advance

Answer
Answer

See if the reply from Athila Mattos helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-how-to-generate-health-report/a54419ed-6503-4cbe-88b7-8a960bad3b87

Tip:  It's best to post a new thread rather than tag to an inactive thread.  Notice the date of the last post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2022 Views 72 Applies to: